Friday, June 3, 2011

Spider Solitaire

I don't look at the score when I play Spider Solitaire. I find it's much easier to enjoy the game when I am not worried about points. That's not to say that I don't like to win, because what's the point in playing if you don't care anything about success? I play to win, but I don't worry about the number at the bottom of the screen. Sure, occasionally I look to see my score, but I don't let myself get worked up about it. That being said, I've decided to take up the same philosophy with my age. Instead of worrying about how I'm almost 30 and still single, still working retail, and still not done with college, I am going to not worry or think about how old I am, and just live my life to the end. I don't think I am going to tell people my age either. If I'm not worried about it, they shouldn't be either. Of course, I will always know how old I am, but I'm not going to let that define where I should be in life. Sure, most people my age are married, maybe have children, have their "big kid" jobs, and so forth, but my life isn't like their's. God has very different things in store for my life than he does for other people, and my life is where He wants it to be. It's not ideal, but I think it will all be worth it in the end. So, no more emphasis on my age, and more emphasis on my life, where it is headed, and how I am going to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment