Monday, May 30, 2011

Just A Few Thoughts...

I went to TN this past wkend to see one of my best friends from high school get married. She looked beautiful and her husband seems like a very nice man. (Oddly enough, I still haven't officially met him!) They had such a sweet wedding, and her dress that her aunt made was absolutely beautiful! I am sooo happy for my sweet friend Sara STANTON!! and her husband Micah! I love you and I wish you both the best!


Tonight I hung out with my new friend, Raychel, who works at the Starbucks in my store. She is just plain awesome! She is here in Augusta for a year, at least, while her husband is overseas in Korea. I don't know how she or any of the other military wives do that. I'm not married so I cannot even begin to understand, but I can only imagine what it would be like to be without my husband for a whole year. Anyways, she and I went to dinner tonight and I got to know her a little better. She is just awesome!! We are very much alike and yet very different and I think she is going to end up being a good friend!

So, I got two different phone calls today from two different coworkers who called to tell me about one issue. Another coworker went upstairs and complained on me because I offended her yesterday. What did mean old Shea do?? I asked her if she and her STAPH infection were still contagious. Well, I think I have a right to ask and a right to know because this is my health here and I do not want a freaking staph infection. If that offends you, tough. If I choose to bathe myself in hand sanitizer after touching something you have been touching, I am going to do it, and if that offends you, tough. If I choose to come behind you and do a lysol wipedown of the surfaces you have been touching, I will, and if that offends you, tough. Trying to keep myself clean and healthy is not a matter of your comfort. If that offends you, tough.

I'm having a lazy summer and I am LOVING it.

Those are all my thoughts for now. Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment