Wednesday, June 8, 2011

There's A Whole Lotta Siftin' Goin' On!

Years ago, when I was still trying to choose a path for my life, I almost chose to go to culinary school for baking and pastry. Here lately I have been doing a lot of baking and I had forgotten how much I love it. I have recently learned to make a cream cheese pound cake from scratch and now I can't stop. I love putting the ingredients in the mixer and watching the batter come together, taking the toothpick out and watching it come out clean, knowing that my cake is finally done and perfect! It's a really awesome feeling of accomplishment. I've heard Rachael Ray say on her show that she can't bake, and that is just a concept I don't understand. Baking is easy and so much fun! Part of me wonders if I chose the wrong path, but I think I'm ok. For one thing, a culinary degree isn't absolutely essential to have a career in culinary- look at both Paula Deen and Rachael Ray! Secondly, there's nothing that says I can't choose that way later in life. In the meantime, I think I am just going to enjoy experimenting in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment