Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sconyers!

My family came to see me today, and by that I mean they came to eat at Sconyers. Sconyers is a local BBQ restaurant that is owned by the former mayor of Augusta and they have the best bar-b-que HANDS DOWN! Their hash and rice is FANTASTIC, even if my brother says it looks like cat vomit (you have to remember, this kid eats pizza rolls cooked in the microwave- EWW!), and their potato salad is SLAMMIN! When it comes to local flavor, Sconyers takes the cake. Anyways, so my family came to eat at Sconyers, and while they were here, they bothered to see me. Thoughtful, I know. We had a good time and I'm glad I got to see them. I don't get to see them very often because they live 2 hours away, and between work and school, I just don't have time for a 2 hour wkend trip. We took a quick stroll around Old Navy, bought nothing, and then went to LifeWay, where Dad, of course, found plenty. Luke asked if we could go to MovieStop where they were supposedly having this huge blowout sale, not so huge or blowout in my opinion, where we found a few things, like the latest Wizard of Oz collector's edition DVD set. Awesome! It was a day that ended all too soon because they had to get home or the $50 worth of BBQ in the trunk was going to spoil. Yeah, it's that good. So, it was a good day off from work, spent well with family!

Oh, and I know I haven't mentioned this earlier, but we had a bake sale at work today, before the fam got here, and my cream cheese pound cake that I sifted flour 3 times for was a HUGE success!!! Not bad for my first pound cake, thankyouverymuch!

1 comment:

  1. Actually, darling, Larry Sconyers is a restaurateur who was also mayor of Augusta. Let's not get his importance out of order. And we came to see you. Sconyer's was the bonus.

    ReplyDelete