Saturday, May 14, 2011

Not so fabulous day...

My day started out very well, but did not end that way. This morning I got to work and then bought a White chocolate mocha frap from starbucks. Soon after, my stomach started hurting and did not quit until around 8 pm.

Around midday, one of my coworkers approached me telling me that our interaction the night before was "unnecesary" and if I had a problem, I should have pulled her aside and spoken to her about it. Um, what? Last night I asked her what kind of cookies she was passing out (I knew they were peanut butter, which cannot be passed out bc of allergies) to which she replied that they were from the bakery, and she put her finger in my face to tell me I just needed to listen to her (while she told me, yet again, that they were from the bakery...like I didn't know that). So today, she confronts me in front of about 30 customers to tell me that last night was unnecessary and that I am on a power trip and she is my elder, and blah blah blah. I pretty much told her to go away and I was not going to talk to her. She continues to yell at me as she is walking away that the reason I told her to go away was because I knew I was wrong. Noooo, I told her to go away because she is an idiot and there is nothing she can say that could possibly enlightening. I knew I was not the only one who had had these kinds of interactions with her, b/c I had already had 2 conversations with 2 different people who work more closely with her than I do about how hateful she is and how she goes around telling people how things work. Um, she has worked there for about 3 months, meanwhile the rest of us have been there a lot longer. They're thinking of putting her in my department. Joy. Needless to say, I stopped by my boss's office on my way out to tell him about this and that, in my opinion, she was out of control and needed to be addressed. He told me I was the 5th person to come talk to him (today alone) about her and he would be addressing ALL of her issues tonight. Hmph.

Finally, I got to leave that place, not to return until Monday afternoon, and I came home, tummy ache and all, and took a shower and went to bed. I'm home alone for the night. All the doors are locked and the alarm is set. Creepy Lebanese man does not know where I live, that I know of, so no worries there. Btw, I have decided that he is trying to kidnap me and sell me into the sex trade/human trafficking. I really don't think I am just being paranoid.

3 comments:

  1. Holy moo. I've got to wonder just who you're talking about, because that's really freaking annoying. One because anyone with half a brain should know that passing out things which people are allergic to are lawsuit worthy (esp. peanuts). Two, who lets someone get that out of control. Hopefully something's been done about her.

    Anyways, at least we'll be back on the same night. Yay for Monday closing shifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, that crazy lady in meat. And that's what I was trying to tell her about the cookies. I used to work in the bakery, and I know a peanut butter cookie when I see one. She didn't want to listen- she just wanted to put her finger in my face and tell me what's up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my gosh! She is out of control! She came up to me last week while I was working and instead of helping out on front end (because OMG, they were getting slammed) she stood over by my little kiosk and just would not leave me alone, despite the fact that I made it quite clear that I didn't have time to stand around talking at that point. It was after 8:00 and I was trying to get ready to leave. She's standing there talking about how she stands outside the Andrew's Gallery in the middle of the night.

    One, that much information was creepy, and two, OMG, I really didn't care. I'm actually surprised David didn't rip into her tonight. She was trying to take over seafood and hello, he's the seafood manager. It was sick!

    I don't know what's up with her (aside from the obvious). Geebus.

    ReplyDelete