Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Allow me to be a little bit selfish....

Another friend is engaged, which means, this time next year, another friend will be married. I'm very happy for my friend. She is such a wonderful person and one of my best friends, and the man she is going to marry seems like a really nice guy. I knew when I started seeing the phrase "I love you" appearing on his Facebook wall that the engagement would be soon. What I didn't know was how I was going to feel about that. Of course, I'm sooo excited for her. She's getting married!! But I'm not so excited for myself. She will be married this time next year, and I am certain to be still unmarried, still unengaged, and still undating. You see, it's all very discouraging. I am truly beginning to wonder what is wrong with me that I not only don't have a boyfriend, but I don't even have any prospects. I feel like screaming at God right now asking Him why He has forgotten about me. Part of me knows that God has amazing things in store for me, but is being single FOREVER really necessary????

1 comment:

  1. Yes. It is necessary.

    You aren't the only one though. Don't forget that. Going to a friend's wedding at the end of the month, and she was going on about being engaged before she was even engaged. Imagine how crazy that would drive a person crazy.

    And I wasn't even bothered by the idea of being single. Granted, I'm only just now starting to be bothered by the idea. (Same thing with another friend getting engaged. She comes back from Costa Rica single and within three months she's dating someone and then engaged. I wanted to go, "Seriously?")

    ReplyDelete