Sunday, May 15, 2011

I Like Me...

I like myself and the person I have become. I have worked very hard to learn from not only my own mistakes, but also the mistakes of others. I'm certainly not perfect, but I do have a lot of good qualities. I look back at the person I was in high school, and even going into my early 20s, and I don't really like that person. She was moody, and rude, and uncaring, and selfish. She was not a very pleasant person to be around. I like to think I have changed a lot from that girl. Since then, I have realized that I was moody and that I have the power to control that. I can choose my mood and I can choose the attitude I want to have from day to day. Nobody likes to be around somebody who is always grouchy or whose demeaner can change in a quick minute. Most people like to be around others who are nice, and who smile and have a positive attitude. That wasn't always me, but I like to think that it is now. Of course, I have my moments when I am genuinely not in a good mood, but those moments are few and far between, at least I hope. Especially when I am at work, I try to smile and be bright and cheery. A long time ago, that was a foreign concept, but now it's my usual demeaner.

There are other things too. For example, I like the fact that I'm not overly girly, but I am certainly not a tomboy either. I like to put on my makeup and look pretty, but I also like to put my hair in a ponytail and wear my Adidas pants and a tshirt. I call it my "sporty" look, even if I am NOT sporty at all!!! Of course, my diamond earrings and Pandora bracelet will be present for either dress up or dress down. I like the fact that I like to exercise, even if I am not always disciplined to do it regularly. It makes me feel good that I enjoy doing something that is beneficial to my health. I also like how BOLD I have become. I'm really not afraid of anything or anybody. Recently, I made a very bold move and did something I would have never dreamed of before. I got one good date out of the deal, and that's all, but just knowing that I went after something and a little good came from it, enables me to do something like that in the future. Not the necessary stalking part, for those of you who know what I am talking about!! Honestly, doing that was very liberating for such a conservative little girl! I'm also incredibly loyal. As long as I become loyal to you, I am pretty much that way for life. Even if for some reason we end on bad terms, I am probably going to do right by you no matter what. I've never been a backstabber, to anyone, and I certainly wouldn't do that to someone I cared about or to whom I am loyal, which are kind of one in the same. I also don't do grudges. Sure, I might not like you, and if I don't you will know it, but I will not hold something against you. I will always be cordial to you, despite not liking you, but I will not hold a grudge against you. "Bitterness is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die."

Of course, I have bad qualities too, but I kind of think that some of them make me somewhat charming and a little quirky. I am not a sympathetic person- AT ALL! I have zero sympathy for anything or anybody. If someone starts crying around me, I have to leave the room. It makes me very uncomfortable. I mean, I can feel bad for someone, and I can feel bad about something, but I don't really do sympathy. Next, I am ridiculously bossy!!! I boss my bosses around, and I kind of always have. It's not a disrespect thing, it's just a Shea thing. I am a bossy person and once people get to know me, they realize that that is just my personality. I'm not trying to be ugly or rude; I am just bossy in nature. Character flaw? I'm not sure. Something to work on, for sure, but not an overall bad quality. Oh, and I am so sarcastic it is crazy. If I didn't know any better, I would say that sarcasm is my love language. It's like I can't help myself. Most people find me funny, but there are many times when it is just plain rude. Again, something to work on but not entirely bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment