Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving!!!

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year! For the last two years, I have had to work so when I was off this year, I was super excited!!! My Thanksgiving week started Tuesday afternoon when I went to the outlet mall in Commerce to shop with my Step mom and stepsister and 2 of her kids. We were all over that place and I got more of my Christmas shopping out of the way.

When we got home, I packed a small overnight bag and went to South Carolina to see my parents and siblings. Since I didn't get there until 1 AM, I went promptly to bed but then spent all day Wednesday just relaxing and watching movies with my family. Later that night, we all got ready and went to Cracker Barrel for our own little Thanksgiving meal. It was a great day just relaxing and having fun in our jammies.

I came home Wednesday night and Thursday I got up to help Grandma prepare our enormous Thanksgiving feast. The ?? of the day was not "what are we having" it was "what could we possibly have missed?!?" We had EVERYTHING. Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, green beans, macaroni and cheese, dressing, tomato/carrot cold soup, rolls, sweet potato pie, cream cheese chewy bars, blueberry and banana pie, and oh so much more. Needless to say, I had plenty to eat that day, and a few days after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment