Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Stress in Overdrive

Stress is really heavy. I don't know how you feel about or handle stress, but to me, stress feels like this weight that bears down on my chest. It's very heavy and suffocating, really. It takes over my mind; maybe not the stress itself, but the things that cause the stress. It affects my mood, my health, my overall state of mind. I can remember a time when I would have panic attacks so bad, they felt like heart attacks. My chest would hurt so badly I would dig my fist into my chest trying to reach and alleviate the pain. My arm would go numb. They were awful. And now, I can feel them returning. As I stress about my money, about my grades, about work, homework, I can feel very faint pains associated with my panic attacks, and it makes me kind of sad. It's been a long time since I've had one of these attacks. It makes me sad to think that my life has come to another chapter that stresses me to the point of physical pain. I don't know how to stop it, but I hope that everything works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment