Monday, August 16, 2010

Sometimes I cry a lot

I get in these moods where everything I feel sad about or think about something that makes my heart melt, I cry. I cry because I don't feel loved. I cry because I do feel loved. I cry because I'm so proud of one of my friends or coworkers. I cry because I love my coworkers and I pray that God allows them to one day have more than they have today. I cry because I'm right, and then again because I'm wrong. I cry because I miss my Grandpa, and I cry because I'm so grateful he was mine. I cry about a lot of things. Things that are completely out of my control. Things that aren't really even mine to cry about. Things that God would tell me to let him handle, if only I would listen. Crying isn't just about grieving. Crying is about healing too. Crying is about letting out the bad and embracing the idea that there will be good after the storm. Crying is about letting go, forgiving, loving, hating, being, fearing, sympathizing, rejoicing, dreading, looking forward.

Crying is a verb, and sometimes, the only verb you need.

I hope that makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment