Saturday, September 4, 2010

Photography Class


I am taking this photography class where we are working with film SLRs, so unknowingly using the wrong film, I took some pictures of my cousins and this is one of my favorites. I had to crop and edit it, and I added the black and white feature, but I thought it came out really well. This is my newest cousin, named Annabel. I hope I can get some more pictures of her and her siblings with the right film so that I can develop those and have something for her parents and grandparents to grace their walls.
Speaking of the right film.... It cost me $72.10 for 23 rolls of film. That makes it roughly $3 per roll. That's a lot but it is professional grade, and we get to develop it for free, and do prints for free. By free, I mean no additional costs other than our lab fees. The picture paper and chemicals are included in the money we paid for the class in our tuition. So, I have developed my first 2 sets of negatives and will be making my contact sheets for those this week and hopefully developing a picture soon after. I am loving this class!

1 comment:

  1. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You ~Ron

    ReplyDelete