Friday, July 6, 2012

Little this, little that

So on our way to Atlanta yesterday morning, my sister and I hit a very big tire from an 18-wheeler that ripped the grill off the front of her car and left a huge dent in the hood. Fabulous! Fortunately that was the only damage- no broken windshield or anything- and we made it back to Augusta safely yesterday afternoon.

Today we came to SC where I will be until Sunday evening. I actually got the whole weekend off without requesting it, so that was a nice surprise! Mom, Stevie, and I are working on craft projects we found on Pinterest. So far we have made the crayon canvas things, the platter stand thing made with plates and candlesticks, and are getting ready to put pictures on wood with modge podge. We are some seriously crafty ladies.

I have been taking a break from Facebook since my vacation. I didn't get on FB the entire time I was on vacation and I have not really been on there very much since I got back. I haven't posted a single status since before I left for Myrtle Beach, but I have posted a picture (of the tire damage) and my blog posts. After taking time off from FB, you realize how stupid it is to sit there for long periods of time and read every post. Don't get me wrong, I like knowing what's going on in the lives of my friends- the whole point is to keep up- but I do not care to spend hours at a time just staring at  FB. I even moved the app from the "home screen" on my phone to one of the other pages that I swipe to so as not to be tempted to get on there from sheer boredom.

I started this post for a reason- there was something awesome I was going to put here- but I don't remember what that was, so I am going to end this post and maybe it will come to me later. 


No comments:

Post a Comment